This website uses proprietary and third-party cookies. By continuing to navigate this website, you are accepting the use that we make of them. If you wish, you may change your settings on your browser.

What are you looking for?

ACCIONA grows in Portugal with the construction of a water treatment plant in the Algarve


The company provides water services to two million people in Portugal, almost one-fifth of the population. 

ACCIONA has been awarded a contract to design, build and start up a wastewater treatment plant at Vila do Bispo in the Algarve, which will service a population of 14,000 inhabitants.

The €2m project is expected to enter service in a year's time, with a planned water flow of 3,551 cubic meters (m3) per day. ACCIONA Agua will undertake all the civil works, electrification, equipment and automation of the facility.

With this contract, ACCIONA consolidates its presence in the water sector in Portugal, where it already has twenty treatment plants and four potable water stations. Overall, these facilities provide a service to around two million people, almost one-fifth of the country's population.

One notable project is the Vale Faro wastewater treatment plant in Albufeira, which has a capacity of 24,000 m³ per day and covers the needs of around 130,000 people. It is located on the Algarve coast and was designed to blend into the surrounding landscape through the incorporation of gardens and an artificial lake.

In September 2013, ACCIONA also won a tender for the extension of the water treatment plant at Monte da Rocha, in the town of Ourique (southern Alentejo province, Portugal), as part of a consortium holding 70% of the capital (the remaining 30% is held by the Lucios group). The €3.5m contract includes works to expand the plant to achieve a daily water flow of 6,400 m³, and cover the needs of around 35,000 people.

Other news

Move up


Please, confirm your subscription on the email we have sent you and your registration will be completed.


Please confirm your subscription in the email we just sent you to complete the registration and you will be able to download your ebook.


If you've missed our content, try checking your junk mailbox and
add us to your address book so you can enjoy them without any problem.

An error has occurred.

Your email has been unsubscribed. You will not receive more newsletters, unless you subscribe again. Thank you very much